Visa & Accommodation


The entry and visa regulations you need to complete to study in Spain, Italy and France will depend on several factors; first of which is your nationality. Anybody who wishes to study abroad should inform themselves about visas and other regulations in the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain, France and Italy. The exact documentation you need to study in these countries will depend on several factors, most notably your country of residence.

  • If you are a citizen of one of the EU countries: you don’t need a visa to study and live in Spain, France or Italy. However, you need to apply for a residence permit at the Central Registry Office for Foreigners within 3 months of arrival.
  • If you are a citizen of Norway, Switzerland, Iceland or Liechtenstein: you don’t need a visa but you need to apply for a residence in the same way citizens of EU countries do.
  • If you are a citizen of another country: you will need a visa to study and live in Spain, France or Italy. To obtain your visa, you need to apply via a Spanish, French or Italian embassy or consulate after you receive an official offer of a place.

The entry procedure will vary depending on your country of residence. Generally speaking, you will be asked to provide details of where you intend to live while you’re studying. Therefore, you will have to arrange accommodation in advance. You may do that through the university or privately. Flat sharing is also common among students. As a temporary solution, many students use hostels or even ‘couch-surf’ when they first arrive in the country and then seek more permanent housing later.

Please note that visa requirements are not the only thing you need to think about. Anyone who wishes to study abroad in Spain, Italy and France even if they are from the EU in case of Italy, need to have a residence permit. EU students have to apply for a residence permit within 3 months of arrival. For students outside EU, the conditions of your stay will be handled through your student visa.


Not all universities offer accommodation to incoming students. In most cities, you will have to find housing yourself. You will be contacted about this over the summer. If your university does not provide housing, start looking for accommodation in time. In some cities it can be very difficult to find housing last minute.



The room rental in a private apartment is the most popular choice among students in Seville as it is the cheapest option.

The cost of a room may vary from 300 to 500 euro.

The University of Seville has elaborated a data base with more than 1.000 apartments that may be available for students:

The Faculty of Physics is at Reina Mercedes Campus. If you want to live near of this campus, you have to click in:




Once you have selected the area where you want to look for an accommodation, you have to choose the type of accommodation. We recommend you to choose “Piso completo” (full apartment) and /or “piso a compartir” (shared flat). You can also choose if you want to go to a shared flat with just girls (solo chicas) or just guys (solo chicos).

We strongly recommend you to start contacting the landlords before your arrival to Seville since the offer at the end of September is really low.


The availability of places in residence halls is very limited. The University of Seville launches a call for applications in mid-May for all the students who are enrolled in Undergraduate or Postgraduate (Master’s and Doctoral Studies) at any of the official studies offered by the University of Seville.

The three residence halls available are:



C/ Antonio Maura Montaner, 1, 41013 Sevilla

Tel: +34 954 323 000



C/ Sor Gregoria de Santa Teresa, 20, 41012 - Sevilla

Tel: +34 954 296 799



Avd. Ctra. de su Eminencia, 2A - Sevilla

Tel: +34 955 062 480


The price of the accommodation may vary from one residence hall to another and it will depend on the type of room.

In case you are interested to apply for a residence hall, you can contact directly to and they will provide you with all the information concerning the documents you need to submit.